Friday, January 7, 2011

My Apothecary FIND!

A few months ago my friend Shellee asked me to out junkin with her
and I told her I had to think about it.
HA! Did you just believe that?
C'mon...it took me like ..001 seconds to say
Are you drivin or me?
Turns out she drove. It would work out that way because I proceeded to find this:An old chippy white apothecary!
She saw it first and told me about it.
Good grief I passed out right there on an old barca-lounger and had to be revived with moth balls!
Almost.
I did get all tingly though and there was another lady trying to make up her mind about it then she asks MY opinion! I told her I thought it was kinda big.
I didn't lie...it is kinda big.
Big and beautiful and chippy and the list goes on.
Apparently that was a negative for her cuz she passed and I think I literally swooped in and paid for it in even less time than it took for me to tell Shellee I was comin along!
Sooo...cuz she drove, Mr. OTM and I had to go back and pick it up.
No problemo~ it was totally worth financing a tank of gas to get back there!!
Right now it's at the shop with a big NFS sticker on it. It's going to be in my craft/computer/office/spare bedroom soon!
I promise to post pics.
P.S. To see my "C" List favs~ head on over to

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGosh..what a find..my husband and i were just laughing about your post..we too love to go junkin and have found so many treasures for our home..Love your blog

Unknown said...

Oh. My. I want it! I mean, good for you! What a great find. Can't wait to see it in your house. It's perfect.
Becky C

Barbara Jean said...

OH THIS IS JUST TOO SPECTACULAR!!!!

PERFECT COMBO OF... EVERYTHING.
TURNING A BIT GREEN HERE. SO BACK I GO TO SEE MORE POSTS.

BLESSINGS
BARBARA JEAN

Rose Garden Romantic said...

What a fabulous find! I would love to have one like that!!
Michelle

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

Well Then wouldn't that work just perfect in my shop... Good thing you found it before I did...
Guess that says it all...

Blessings
Tonya

Sabrina @Falling Leaf Woodworkers and Primitives said...

what a great find... can't wait to see how it looks in your craft room. thanks for sharing
Sabrina

deborah said...

green with envy here! I would love one of those! Congrats on your great find!

Heaven's Walk said...

LOL! You replied the exact same way I would'ave, Beth!! What a great find!!!! Hurry up and get your photos posted - we're waiting....!!! :)

xoxo laurie

Unknown said...

Lucky Duck!

Vintage Gal said...

Hello ~ I think the apothecary is fabulous!!!!!! I LOVE junking. Just found your blog and became you newest follower ~ I'll definitely be back to see what you've done with the cabinet ;-)

Michael Wurm Jr said...

i can NOT wait to see this!!

i have been dying for one of these. great find.

that silly lady would probably kick herself if she is somehow reading your blog!